Saturday, April 30, 2011

Swimming Lessons, Round 2

We enrolled Lauren in her second round of swimming lessons (she took her first round this time last spring when she was around a year old). If possible she loves it even more this year than she did last year. She looks forward to visiting the turtle (below) and then cries when she has to leave the turtle. There are long, tearful goodbyes. "Bye turtle..." (sob, sob) "see you later, turtle" (panicked breathing as she looks over her shoulder and waves goodbye).

We just have a few lessons left, and I think we'll all miss them, but we're looking forward to some serious pool time this summer.




She is the most amazing kicker you've ever seen. I know I'm partial, but seriously, the best kicker in the class. Hands down. Flutter, of course. Which is good because she'll be a backstroker or freestyler all the way, it's a no-brainer.



Look how happy she is. And look how happy Sean is. He told me it's his favorite hour of the week. What a dad.


Even though this photo is terrible I had to include it. At the end of each class they get to take a trip down the slide. Lauren loves it, and always requests another turn, but if I had to judge from only her face I would say she finds it terrifying. Absolutely terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment