Thursday, May 27, 2010

Theatrical Thursdays

So Lauren is in a new room at school now, the "Walkers" room. She's not walking yet, but she's getting close, and she LOVES the new room. Lots of new toys, much more structured activity, and they get to go out to the playground and have water play in the summer. She sits in a little tiny chair at a little tiny table and eats her meals with her classmates (vs. sitting in the little highchair with a tray). She sleeps on a cot (!) for a 2-2.5 hour nap each day. It's crazy! Also, they have themes every day: Musical Monday, Talk to Me Tuesday, Wiggle Wednesday, Theatrical Thursday and Flashcard Friday. I walked in last Thursday and about died when I saw her dressed up (see photos below). Of course she started crying because I ran in but then had to run back out to the car to get my camera. Such is life, kid, Mama's got to get the shot.

Sean and I also love the new room, it's more like Lauren is in "school" now instead of hanging out in a different location. We have loved the other two rooms as well, this is just very different, in a very fun way.



My sweet little Babushka!


Here Lauren attempts to apply pretend lipstick to me; she could tell I was washed out. Grandma Becky would be very proud.


Ada was not as interested in the lipstick application. Fair enough, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment