Sunday, March 14, 2010

More Crawling Video


Apologies again for my videography; this time I blame a light that's out in the hallway. You see, with a mobile 10 month old, things like light bulb changing take a backseat. But we wouldn't have it any other way. In this video, Lauren displays two endearing characteristics: the pitter patter of her hands as she crawls, holding a baby doll like a real baby, and snot shoelaces. But wait Alison, you said two endearing characteristics but then listed three. Let's get real people, the snot shoelaces aren't endearing. OK, they kind of are. They may be snot shoelaces, but they're my daughter's snot shoelaces. I stand corrected. Three endearing characteristics.

Please note that we did not buy Lauren the baby doll playing a supporting role in this video. In fact, we had our minds set to not encourage such traditionally gender-specific play things. But, much to my chagrin, at a play group Lauren latched on to this thing and held on for dear life. Read: screamed bloody murder every time I tried to release the poor doll from her grasp. So much so that our play group hostess insisted that we take it with us. She explained that they had bought it for their two little boys when their third little boy was on the way, to teach them how to hold a baby, but now they didn't need it anymore. My gender-specific play thing fears were confirmed. I hid my horror at Lauren's attachment, graciously thanked our hostess, and exited with said baby doll. I am learning that these are the things you accept as a parent. I am also learning that Lauren is who she is. She likes to hold babies. I like to hold babies, I can't blame her. And besides, I have to admit it's cute when she picks her up and pats her back just like I do to Lauren. Next up: a princess canopy bed with pink lace. God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment